You don't have to do this alone.
Pregnant? Thinking of Adoption?
Thinking of making an adoption plan for your baby?
- No one should tell you that this is a simple or easy decision
- Placing your baby with a family who deeply wants a child is a brave act of love and generosity
- Giving your baby opportunities is an act of selfless love
- We believe you should take great pride in your decision
- We honor you and never judge you
- Your pregnancy has the power to create great joy in this world
- We have alumni birth mothers, licensed counselors, and adoption specialist to help guide you through the process.
“A close friend from high school told me about Adoptions First. She had gone through the adoption experience and said so many wonderful things, she shared her story with me and so I contacted Adoptions First. They were so open and friendly. She made everything simple to understand and truly deeply cares. She was there for me whenever. She listened to everything. No one ever made me feel ashamed of my decision. They made me feel good about it and supported everything that I wanted through the process.”
-Birth mother, Katie
You Can Count On Us
Adoptions First will handle every detail of your adoption plan so your pregnancy and placement are as easy and comfortable as possible. We have many wonderful pre-screened families. You tell us what you need and what you are looking for in a family for your baby. We will do the rest.
You do not have to do this alone. We are here to give you support. All you need to do is reach out to us. We are happy to talk to you any time 24/7 – Text Us at 646-988-6281 or Call Us at 1-800-658-8284
HOW ADOPTIONS FIRST WORKS:
- You can select the adoptive family for your baby based on your preferences
- You can meet the adoptive parents and establish a relationship
- You can choose a birth plan and hospital plan that is right for you
- After placement, you can continue to have direct, open communication and a genuine relationship with the adoptive family if you wish
- If you are open to counseling, we have a licensed adoption therapist to help you prepare for the adoption and work through the grief and healing process after placement.
- You may receive financial assistance for pregnancy related expenses
- We can ensure you have your own, separate legal representation at no cost to you
Pregnant? Thinking of Adoption?
Contact Us Privately 24/7
Text Us at 646-988-6281 / Call Us at 1-800-658-8284
Open adoptions are created through a mutual selection process where you have an opportunity to choose the adoptive parents for your child. As you prepare for the birth, you and the adopting parents spend time getting to know each other and create a plan for future contact. After the placement, you have a direct relationship with the adoptive family if that is your wish.
Closed adoption is when you, the birth mother, choose the adopting family or ask Adoptions First to select the adopting family for your baby. You can also decide to have little or no contact with the adopting family. As open adoptions have shown to have better outcomes for children, closed adoption is now a less common practice. However, we will honor whatever plan feels right for you.
How Adoptions First Can Help You
Pregnancy-Related Living Expenses Usually Include:
- Cell Phone
- Maternity Clothes
- Child Care For Your Other Children
Post Adoptions Services:Even after placement of your baby, we are committed to providing you with continuing services. We are happy to make referrals and recommendations and to help you get more of the services you may need. Below are some examples:
- GED Assistance
- Letters of Recommendation
- Job Help
- Child Care